Monday, January 3, 2011

The Inaugural Blog

A new day has dawned.  Today the Beantown Bruiser blog has begun.  This blog is my opportunity to write about what I love the most, Boston sports.

I'll start by saying a little bit about myself.  My name is Danny Quin.  I grew up in a little town outside of Boston, Massachusetts.  My dad raised me loving the game of baseball, and that further progressed into a love of all sports.  My friends get a kick out of my sports knowledge... sometimes.

Before enrolling at Fitchburg State College (now University) I decided that I wanted to pursue a career in sports writing.  I spent my four years at FSC doing various academic projects. To finish my degree I was required to complete an internship. I took part in an editorial internship at Comcast SportsNet located in Burlington, MA.  My responsibilities were to keep tabs on the top stories box, and publish any incoming breaking news.

Throughout my four months there I learned a great deal from editor Art Martone, and writers Mary Paoletti, and Rich Levine the three people I spent the most time with.

Every morning I got to help Mary brainstorm for her Wicked Good Sports blog posts.  After finding out that I had moderate Photoshop skills, we started making "photoshop Friday" posts.  Some examples are here, here, and here.  I then started illustrating for virtually every post during the week.  I had so much fun doing this, but then the inevitable happened... my internship ended.

As an aspiring writer, Art Martone challenged me to start my own blog to try and adapt my craft and find my writing style.  So, here we are.  That challenge has manifested itself into the Beantown Bruiser blog.

Enjoy.

Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment